Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

What a Great Show!!




The Lake Norman Quilters Guild had its second quilt show this weekend in Mooresville, NC. One word sums it up: WOW!! There were approximately 230 pieces entered in the show!I continue to be amazed at the level of talent and the diversity of styles of this group. There was a great show of traditional, contemporary, art quilts, wearables and accessories.

I so enjoy this group. They are inspiring, helpful and just so much fun to play and work with. Putting on a quilt show this size takes a great deal of team work and commitment. There were those who led the way and everyone else supported them.

Drum roll please....I won 4 ribbons!! This was my second quilt show and my first ribbons. What a thrill! I've posted a pic of me with my second place quilt, "Drink 'Til He's Cute" (joke between mother and daughter when she was in college), and third place for "Selvaggio e Caldo" (Wild and Crazy). They are both my design and are two of my favorite quilts. To see pics of the show and some of the winners, go to our guild's site, bluemoonriver.com/LNQ.html to to barnyardchatter.wordpress.com for some really great coverage.
Now look at our ribbons - they were all pieced by members! Someone even did all those cute yo-yo ribbons to wear on our nametags so we could strut our stuff if we won! Thank you ladies for all your effort. And not to just those who made ribbons - this show could not have happened without the great leadership and dedication of so many.

So, mark your calendars for October, 2011 for the 3rd Lake Norman Quilters Quilt Show!

No comments: