Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

4 Out the Door!

I have felt such an urgency lately to get projects finished.  It could be because I have so many going! I had success this weekend - 4 quilts going out the door!  2 are baby quilts for Project Linus.  No, they are not quilted. The person who heads up this effort in our guild is gracious enough to quilt them, so I finished the two quilts, and prepared the backs and batting. The one pictured is cotton flannel - so cute with lions and elephants.  The other didn't photograph well.
The pinwheel quilt is going to a professional quilter (machine quilting is just not my thing - I only do really small ones).  I started this quilt about 3 years ago and just finished it a few months ago.  Getting this one out the door is a real accomplishment!  The fourth quilt is a signature quilt that is a gift, so no picture being posted. I won't get to post that pic until September. By then it will be quilted and the binding done.  I'm determined to bind the 2 quilts that are coming back to me as soon as I get them. Of course, the one being a gift will definitely push me.

It just feels SO good to have these done. Now I just need to dig into the pile of 12 or so projects I have started and get a few more out the door!

1 comment:

Loveday's Day said...

What a busy lady you have been. No wonder I have not heard from you in a while :)