Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Another Signature Gift


The Bride-to-be. If you look closely, you can see the signatures.

The pieced rectangles making the top of the apron.
My daughter is the maid of honor for a dear friend this fall.  They've known each other since they were 2 years old, roomed in college a couple of years, and remain good friends still. She recently gave her a really special bridal shower. Having known this girl for so long, I wanted to do more than buy something off her bridal registry.  I knew it wasn't going to be a quilt, so I came up with an apron pattern.  I pieced rectangles on the top, making every other rectangle a white fabric.  The skirt of the apron is a print and the whole apron is lined.  What made this special is that all the guests got to sign their name in the white rectangles! I hope this is something she will treasure and that it will remind her of a special time put together just for her.

No comments: