Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Creative Again with Passion
















Two weeks ago I attended the "Live & Bloom in Full Color" retreat in Blowing Rock where we did a mixed media project. This wasn't the type of project I would normally tackle, but it was fun being with 49 other creative ladies and I did learn much. It was also fun to be able to just sit and play with paints, glue, dyes and so very much more!

After coming home I had surgery, and while recuperating I completed the project - boy that felt good! Basically, this is a decorated box turned "bird house" (see the nest in the attic?). Inside hangs a book.

My theme for the project was PASSION. I mentioned in an earlier post that I was in a small group where we talked about "living fully"...well I'm going to do it passionately. I'm not going to obligate myself with blase projects, but only those I'm passionate and excited about. Yes, I will still be cleaning house, but that's different!

So my friends, no matter what you do, go at it with passion - whether you quilt, garden, paint, write, cook, bake, compose, sing, decorate, arrange flowers, or set a pretty table - do so passionately and see your gifts come to life!



No comments: