Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bags, Bags, Bags









Handbags and Tote Bags - I am finding these to be so much fun! For Christmas gifts, I made a cute and simple summer bag for a teen. It has interior pockets including one just the right size for a cell phone. For a dancer, I made a large tote - good for dancing shoes and dance wear. The flower pattern on the fabric was perfect for beading. What started out as a few beads turned into hours of beading. I've never been much on handwork, but for some reason the beading is so much fun. It adds some great bling to the work!
A while back I had also made a bag for my daughter, using three different fabrics in the same design family. It also had interior pockets and a zipper closure.





Hand made bags make great gifts and they are a great way to accessorize without spending too much money. Watch out Louis Vuitton - Joyce is the new bag lady!