Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

She Was a Good Ol' Girl


Sadly, last week we had to say goodbye to our family pet of 16 years - Butter Cream. She was a true family pet. When the kids were young, she slept in their rooms with them. She always greeted Bob enthusiastically when he came home from work. And she was my garden buddy - always by my side as I planted and weeded. We had no shame when it came to showing off her cute tricks. She was always sweet and never had any real medical issues. She just got old. we miss her - can't help but expect her to come around the corner. I take comfort in that she no longer hurts. Thanks Butter, we couldn't have asked for a better pet - you were such a good ol' girl.

1 comment:

phillkat71 said...

I'm so sorry- she was a sweetie I recall. Your memories will last a lifetime. (Hugs)