Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Louisville and Wytheville






We recently had the opportunity to go to Louisville, Kentucky for a training convention I needed to attend. We had a great view of the Ohio River from our hotel room and the river front park provided many hours of entertainment for us. We walked it every morning and Bob got to ride his bike along it while I was in classes. He even crossed the bridge to Indiana!


Bob couldn't resist having one of the "boils" at Joe's Crab shack on the waterfront. And yes, he ate every last bit of it






This limo was quite different - it was covered in the flat red glass marbles. Wonder how much weight that added to the car?












The best part of the city for me was the historic district. This little house looked just like a doll house. It was so tempting to knock on the door and ask for a tour.







The gardens in this section were to die for. They were so lush - amazing ferns, hostas and hydrangias. I wanted to live there for a few months just to enjoy the gardens every morning!



On the way home, we stopped at Wytheville, Virginia. I'll cover that treat in my next post!



1 comment:

Loveday's Day said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. wished I had of been invited to help Uncle Bob with his boil. I have never gotten to go to Joe's. There is one in Bham. K keeps saying she will take me.
Love you,
Bev--