Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wytheville, VA



Why did we stop in Wytheville, Virginia on the way home from Louisville? Was it for the big pencil that the town is so proud of? (It is the number one attraction posted on their website.)



No...it was to go to Sew What Fabrics & Batiks Etc.! This is not a huge shop, but is one of the friendliest I've ever been too. The ladies there were a lot of fun too. I got to spend two hours enjoying the room of batik fabrics and the upstairs sale room. I came away with a bunch of goodies too. I should even be able to show a finished project from one of my purchases in a few days. Obviously, I was inspired!









If you are a Batik lover (and I most definitely am) and you're not too far from this shop, I highly recommend it. I would definitely travel the 2 hours to it in the future. Too far to travel? You can shop with them on line too.

No comments: