Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Catching Up



I work at a computer all day and somehow, getting to a computer at home turns into a chore. There have not been many posts on this blog lately, but I really did want to share a few completed projects. Last year I bout some pieces of silk at a quilt show but didn't have a clue what I wanted to do with them. Well, one new took later and wanting to do a contemporary pillow for my son's living room and Ta Da! It was a simple design and the colors just pop. I used a new tool - the Easy Circle Cut - a fun tool to cut arcs and circles.


My next finished project is a tote bag for a young woman who is moving out of the area. She will be going back to school in a year or two - so what better gift that a tote bag! I really like to layer buttons for embellishments.


Quite some time ago I purchased a pattern from Grace of Red Barn Studios, in our quilt guild. The "Padfolio" was a little challenging at first, but now I now I will be able to breeze through the next ones I put together. And what a great gift this will make! I embellished the cover with Tyvek leaves and yarn. I have such a new respect for pattern designers - I believe putting the pattern and directions together for others to follow must have been quite a challenge, but I'm so glad she did!

1 comment:

Loveday's Day said...

Love, Love, Love the pillow.