Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Crazy Quilt Class

Shabby Chic look - very soft and pretty.
 A couple of weeks ago I had the honor of teaching a Crazy Quilt workshop for my guild. Ten great ladies attended. I was a bit nervous going in even though I had spent quite a bit of time in prep. There really was no need to be nervous. This group was most gracious. That coupled being with quick learners and extremely talented - the day was a total treat for me! What joy in seeing not only squares come together, but to see the embellishments begin to adorn each square.
  My apologies ladies, my photography isn't great.
I just can't wait to see some of the embellished squares!



Wish you could see the fancy embellishing that went on this
one before the day was done.


Love the center motif - this was from a
piece of clothing!


Lavendar color palette - so pretty.
Clever embellishing will hide the puckers from
the satin.


See the dragon on the printed fabric? I wish the
pic had come out brighter to show just
how good the colors went together.


Love, Love, Love the bright fabrics!
Very unique - especially once the
beads and more go on.

Now, is this a happy quilter, or what? The prints in this
square are just subtle enough that embellishing
will only enhance them.


The colors and fabricsfor this square are
very rich and warm.  Can't wait to
see several put together.


Another happy face!  Probably glad
to have put her stash to such
good use!


I just love the way the printed fabric pulls
the surrounding fabrics in.  Just so very
pretty.


No comments: