Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey Talk

Thanksgiving has become such a warm and peaceful time for me.  For the past several years, it's been just my husband, myself and our two adult children.  We enjoy a yummy (and simplified from years ago) dinner and then decorate the Christmas Tree together. One of the things I really enjoy doing is decorating the table.  This year I made these really cute Oreo turkeys - one for each of us. Fun!
I also like to do a centerpiece. Not much blooming this time of year, but as my good friend Diane taught me, you just go out there and start cutting - next thing you know you have a pretty good looking arrangement. And don't forget to embrace all the pretty leaves on some shrubs, like the colorful Nandina leaves. I even had some New Guinea Impatiens still in bloom that I was able to use.

Another favorite are the table linens that my mother-in-law crocheted for me years ago.  What that lady could do with thread and a hook was just amazing!  There are matching placemats and glass coasters on the table. It is also a special way of honoring her  memory.
And somehow a pretty table makes everything taste better!
I hope you all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving and that you are blessed during the joyous Advent season.

No comments: